7 Ways to Fix iPhone Software Update Failed Error
The first step is to put your device into DFU mode, and you can watch this video for detailed steps. Once files are selected, you will see Update button, click this button to continue. Connect the device to the computer using USB cable and click „Next“. If your device can not be detected, follow the instruction to put your device into DFU mode or Recovery mode. If you are using Finder, just go to App Store to see if there are any available updates. If you don’t see the „Check for Updates“ button, it means the iTunes is downloaded from Microsoft Store, and the Store will automatically update it. First, make sure that you installed iTunes on your computer.
- Sometimes the manual methods don’t work.
- Below you will see a few things you can try to firmware files get this issue resolved.
- In case you are not sure which file to use, it is not a problem to add multiple files to the library.
- When you received an error message that tells „Word experienced an error trying to open the file…“, the .docx Word file is not corrupted.
- As far I know, itunes is up to date and the computer has already been restarted.
- Now check if the iPhone performance issue is resolved or not.
However, you likely wouldn’t even notice them if not for the file size. A single IPSW file typically falls north of a whopping five gigabytes, and that can significantly impact internal HDDs or SSDs with less storage capacity. First of all, I searched the causes why my iPad won’t restore. Then I knew the specific reason, which is the first situation. There are some other common iPad problems leading to iPad won’t restore. Look at which error your iPad belong to.
- IOS updates not only bring an array of new features and fix any bugs in the previous version but also get more security for the device.
- If you have success with other versions, please let our readers know in the comments below.
- However, you still got the chance to repair iPhone black screen if it’s due to a software issue.
If that doesn’t work, use Stellar Toolkit of iPhone to repair iOS issues in iPhone 12 Pro. You can also downgrade to the older version, if the problem persist. You can repair iPhone iOS by trying different methods shared in this post. The manual solutions can repair iOS free, but if you find them tedious and difficult to attempt, directly pick the best iOS repair software — Stellar Toolkit for iPhone. Moreover, you can repair iPhone software problems without worrying about data loss.
If all the above solutions cannot fix the issue – iPhone keeps crashing and restarting, perhaps there is a hardware problem. And you can only contact Apple Support for help. Press and hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for about 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button and keep holding Home button until iTunes detects the iPhone in recovery mode. This article will tell you how to recover iPhone data after restoring to factory settings. You can choose a suitable method based on your own situation. Thus, you should make an iOS update to solve iPhone keeps restarting iOS 12 if the issue isn’t fixed by app update/deletion. When the iPhone keeps crashing and restarting, the apps could be the problem.